Allergen immunotherapy (allergy shots) clinical outcomes require the provision of high quality and safe allergen immunotherapy extract preparations. We are committed to providing the safest and highest quality product for our patients.
One of the many ways we accomplish this goal is by utilizing a Laminar Flow Hood for allergen vaccine mixing, as per the USP compounding guidelines. This costly but effective system allows our staff to mix allergen immunotherapy in the safest environment possible. The Laminar Flow Hood’s special design and filtration system extracts and reduces the risk of airborne contaminants while mixing allergen immunotherapy.
Along with a Laminar Flow Hood, special attention is devoted to the training and preparation of mixing staff, which includes but is not limited to:
- Training in and demonstrated understanding of appropriate antiseptic hand cleaning, surface disinfection and aseptic technique
- Pass a written test on aseptic technique and extract preparation
- Annually pass a media-fill or equivalent test verifying use of aseptic technique
- Undergo a 3 month training program evaluation on extract preparation
- Pass an O.S.H.A. training course on Initial and Ongoing Competency Assessment: Allergen Extract Mixing
- Re-instruct and re-evaluate if fail written test or media-fill test equivalent
With new recommendations consistently being recommended, re evaluation of procedures and safety measures for all aspects of allergen immunotherapy mixing standardized are constantly reviewed to provide the safest and highest quality product for our patients. For additional information on immunotherapy, feel free to visit: tottoriallergy.com/immunotherapy.
As always, I wish you well and good health.
Dr. David H. Tottori